[ga-full] Re: [ga] Exclusion of Jeff Williams for 2 weeks

At 07:47 07.02.00 -0800, Jeff Williams wrote:
>Harald and all,
>
>   Some how I knew something like this was going to occur.  To
>bad it is not legitimate.
>
>   Define "Offensive Language" in the context of these not agreed upon
>"Rules" and the referenced post, Harald?  How is it offensive?  It seems
>pretty much a "Descriptive" reference to me.

Eye of the beholder, I suppose.
Since you chose to use the reference, and are defending your use of the
term, I suppose you did not find it offensive. However, I did.

>   As you know this will fail, but that is fine.  How have you handled the
>complaint I sent on yourself Harald?  Or are you ignoring that one?

Since you did not reference a specific message or how it was in conflict
with the rules, it was not possible to take action on that message.

>  What was the nature of the complaint?  Are we going to see a copy
>or this so called complaint?  How was this decision arrived at?  On what
>basis without recourse on my part to rebut, is this decision made?

The nature of the complaint was that the message was in conflict with the
rules. I investigated, and found that I agreed.
The basis of the decision was the content of the message.
This list is open for your arguments and rebuttal; the chair's address is
open for an appeal.

So far you have claimed that the term you used was a factual description,
and that the rules are not legitimate.
Is that the total extent of your argument?

Are you appealing?

                  Harald T. Alvestrand

Harald.Alvestrand@edb.maxware.no