[ga-abuse]

[ga-abuse] Size of messages/attachments

Dear Ron,

I have received a complaint about some of your
messages to the DNSO General Assembly mailing list,
concerning the file sizes. You recently posted
94 kB, 55 kB, 52 kB and 27 kB mails which contained
attachments. According to the list rules at
http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/2000.GA-ga-rules-v0.4.html

| The size of messages should be kept reasonable (there should be a VERY good
| reason to send a message of more than 10 Kbytes).

I know this is a bit of a trade-off, since you used
PDF files to convey additional information (e.g. pie
charts). However, many recipients would probably be
happier if you simply posted a link to the document,
e.g. a PDF or HTML document. Additionally, the DNSO
GA list is also read in countries where bandwidth is
far from cheap. It would be nice if you checked the
attachment's file size before sending it to the GA
list. By the way, this is also a way of preventing
your mails from getting delayed: Mails over 40 kB
have to be manually approved by the DNSO Secretariat.

Thanks and best regards,
/// Alexander