Subject: Resuming list monitor activity

Dear GA members!

The two remaining list monitors, Kristy McKee and
myself, have been inactive for quite a while. Speaking
for myself, I have been disappointed at the lack of
support when additional help was needed, and the
confusion ensuing controversial decisions when the
Alt.Chair had to resume his list monitor duty was
making the job virtually impossible.

The results have not been too encouraging. Some people
are not paying attention to the posting limit, some
people are sending messages with personal attacks in a
highly derogatory tone, some people are leaving.

We ask everyone to remember why the GA adopted list
rules in the first place: They define a standard of
communication -- "a minimum of decorum" -- which
everyone should adhere to in every posting. We know
that list monitors cannot turn an aggressive discussion
into an amicable conversation. But we will resume
sending warnings if anyone starts violating these list
rules again.

Both Kristy and I /don't/ want to divert even more of the
list's attention to the subject of suspensions and
suspension withdrawals. We want the GA to work
constructively. We simply appeal to everyone to attack
their opponents personally in their mails if it helps
them with their adrenalin level -- but to use the DEL
key instead of sending the mail. Look hard, it may be in
a different language on your keyboard (SUPPR, CANC, SUPR,
ENTF...), but it's there.

Best regards,
/// Alexander