[ga-abuse]

[ga-abuse] Resuming list monitor activity

==================== Proposal ====================

Subject: Resuming list monitor activity

Dear GA members!

The two remaining list monitors, Kristy McKee and myself, have been
inactive for quite a while. Speaking for myself, I have been disappointed
at the lack of support when additional help was needed, and the confusion
ensuing controversial decisions when the Alt.Chair had to resume his list
monitor duty was making the job virtually impossible.

The results have not been too encouraging. Some people are not paying
attention to the posting limit, some people are sending messages with
personal attacks in a highly derogatory tone, some people are leaving.

We ask everyone to remember why the GA adopted list rules in the first
place: They define a standard of communication -- "a minimum of decorum" --
which everyone should adhere to in every posting. We know that list
monitors cannot turn an aggressive discussion into an amicable
conversation. But we will resume sending warnings if anyone starts
violating these list rules again.

Both Kristy and I /do not/ want to divert even more of the list's attention
to the subject of suspensions and suspension withdrawals. We want the GA to
work constructively. We simply appeal to everyone to attack their opponents
privately in their mails if it helps them with their adrenalin level and to
use the DEL (delete) key instead of sending the mail to monitored GA lists.
It may be in a different language on your keyboard (SUPPR, CANC, SUPR,
ENTF...), but it's there.

Best regards,
/// Alexander

updated process request:

"I would propose that each of us sends *warnings* about list rules
violations immediately, without waiting for complaints: friendly, but clear
personal e-mails cc ga-abuse. If the list rules violations continue after
the warnings, we recommence our M1/M2 procedures." (from Alexander's email)

:)

~k
  Kristy McKee 612.823.3958
  .W I D G I T A L.Espware.