[ga-abuse]

[ga-abuse] Stamping Our Authority

Hi Harald

The more I think about the 2 weeks suspension, the more I disagree with it.  Not
least because I did not receive any sort of warning and it's my first offence.

Secondly because the insults were trivial at best.  Thirdly because the people
complaining, or complained about, namely Kent Crispin and David Crocker, are the
very worst offenders on the list.

I refer you to Kent Crispin's latest posting:

> All this would perhaps not matter if Froomkin were an objective
> observer, but he is not.

I can cite many, many quite serious insults made by Dave Crocker.

Fourthly, because all of the insults against me, some of which were quite
serious and repeated several times, were dismissed as "out of time".  This is
unbalanced.

And finally, the proposed new team of list monitors, namely three persons
selected from Bruce James, Alexander Svensson and myself, with Harald in
reserve, needs to get started asap.  Kristy McKee is interested also.

Personally I believe we should be issuing onlist warnings.

Have we heard anything from the Names Council, yet?   It's really undermining
our effort by making us look like a "lame duck" administration.

We need to stamp our authority on this whole process.  Danny?

Regards
Patrick Corliss