[ga-abuse]

[ga-abuse] Abuse of the ga list by Jeff Williams

Jeff Williams is once again posting slanderous and off-topic messages to
the ga list.  Please remove this offensive poster.

/Joe

Patrick and all remaining assembly members,

  It seems from this article that Vint Cerf is either ignoring the vast majority
of comments regarding these "Options" or he has a reading impairment
problem...  I wonder which one it is???

Patrick Corliss wrote:

> ICANN defers VeriSign decision
> By Stephen Withers, ZDNet Australia
>
> http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/dailynews/story/0,2000013063,20208666,00.htm
>
> The ICANN board today deferred its decision on the VeriSign agreement, as
> foreshadowed by chairman Vint Cerf at yesterday's public forum.
>
> The board instead resolved to finalise the matter in a conference call scheduled
> for April 2, giving it time to receive and consider comments from the Domain
> Name Support Organisation and other interested parties.
>
> These comments can be lodged through ICANN's Web site or sent to
> touton@icann.org until March 31.
>
> The board's discussion today suggested the weight of opinion favours "Option B".
> As happened at the public forum, most of the concerns expressed seemed to be
> about due process, rather than either of the options facing the board.
>
> "My view is that [Option B] is an improvement and a benefit," said Cerf, shortly
> before he left the meeting prior to the close of business.
>
> Following the discussion, Elliot Noss, president and CEO of registrar Tucows,
> said "This deal [Option B] is much preferred to the previous deal," although
> ICANN had missed "an opportunity to get concessions that would have been good
> for competition."
>
> <end quote>
>
> Regards
> Patrick Corliss

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827