[ga-abuse]

Re: [ga-abuse] Baptista treatens

At 00:28 11.02.00 +0100, Elisabeth Porteneuve wrote:

>Please have a look on Mr Baptista treatens on myself:
>http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc03/msg01157.html
>Scheduled for Saturday, February 4th, 2000.

See how he twists us?

This is a complaint about something we are doing which is not in the rules.
He gets us into a defensive mode by going after the thing where an honest
man would have the smallest basis for complaint.
And because of "equality under the law", we have the problem of defending
ourselves. But by not responding, we make it appear to onlookers that he
has no recourse to proper procedures, and therefore some legitimacy in
complaining to others.

Roberto and I have asked you to remove the monitoring for Baptista.
Once it is gone, and he abuses it, we can reimpose it.
But without this move - I think we are made powerless.

And strangely - the rules don't mention the uttering of threats as a
sanctionable offense - personal attack is quite specifically mentioned.
Other postings of his are better for use as evidence of personal attacks,
methinks.
He is an expert at balancing on the edge, this one.

Elisabeth - I feel like the man who attempts to straddle between the horses
- the freespeech guys, some of which I like and respect, are running away
from me calling me a censor; you and others are having trouble that I do
not do enough, because I insist that having made these rules, we should
live by them, and by nothing else.
What to do?

                   Harald

Harald.Alvestrand@edb.maxware.no