Re: [discuss] Unofficial minutes June 11 1999 Names Council Meeting

Michael,

> Gov, mil, edu, int are indeed gTLDs; they are not "open" gTLDs,
> according to the commonly accepted defitition of gTLDs.  I am not certain
> about arpa .

'infrastructure' tld, mostly dealt with by ietf.

The ARPA zone is maintained by the IP registry organizations
with ARIN taking the lead, in cooperation with Network
Solutions which hosts the authoritative zone files.

The plain fact of the matter is that there is no mechanism
for even determining the semantics of what this group is
dealing with.

--tony