Re: [discuss] Individual representation

William and all,

William X. Walsh wrote:

> >in the 50-odd lines of response, the above question is not answered but is
> >unsuccessfully used as a soapbox for all sorts of chaos about side issues.
> >not that i necessarily disagree (or agree) with the side issues.  but just
> >having had a nice sushi dinner, i am not up for a lot of red herrings.
> >

> The answer was quite clear.  Constituencies by definition share a
> common interests.  There is a definite difference between
> non-commercial organizations interests and those of the academic
> community.

  Very true.  SOme of their interests may intersect at times and
is some very specific areas, but those would be exceptions rather
than the rule, more than likely.

> There have about as much in common as the Commercial/Business and the
> Trademark constituencies do.

  Here we part company.  In many instances, if not most, Commercial/Business
and TM interests are very familiar, exception in possibly small business.

> You must apply the same standards as have been applied to other
> constituencies when considering the merits of new constituencies.

  If there is an reasonable argument for "Constituencies" at all.  Thus
far, I have yet to see one in these discussions, and there is at any
rate a method where "Balance" can be maintained for any length of
time with a "Constituency" based DNSO.

> --
> William X. Walsh
> General Manager, DSo Internet Services
> Email: william@dso.net  Fax:(209) 671-7934
>
> The Law is not your mommy or daddy to go crying
> to every time you have something to whimper about.

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1894