Re: [discuss] Individual representation

On Sat, 26 Jun 1999 22:43:41 -0700 (PDT), Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>
wrote:

>> If the trademark community is commercial, why would they not wish to join
>> the business constituency?  This in no way implies that owners of trade
>> and service marks would be disenfranchised.
>
>once more, as we seem to keep following red herrings.  the acacemic
>community is welcome and encouraged to join the non-commercial constituency.
>hence they do have a constituency and a voice.

As the trademark interests are welcome in the commercial constituency.

So lets remove their constiuency as redundant.

The point, Randy, is that their (non-comm vs academic) interests are
sufficiently different that forming them together does not serve the
definition of constituencies that ICANN Adopted.  The ICANN provisions
specifically call for interests to form themselves up in
constituencies that meet their needs.

--
William X. Walsh
General Manager, DSo Internet Services

The Law is not your mommy or daddy to go crying
to every time you have something to whimper about.