More on Facts of the IDNO concerns to:Re: [discuss] FW: Re: S. 705

Kent Crispin wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 24, 1999 at 03:22:34PM -0400, Milton Mueller wrote:
> >

> > Kent Crispin wrote:
> >
> > > In fact, Joop's attack on Dave and I was a pure matter of his
> > > personal dislike,
> >
> > This is not correct.
>
> Let me put it this way -- it is certainly my impression that Joop's
> primary motivation was dislike.  He called for my expulsion after
> about 5 messages.

  This is also a misrepresentation Kent, and you dam well know it is.
Joop ask for a VOTE from the IDNO membership for you removal
due to you making false accusations, as you are doing here...

> > The issue, as I recall, was whether your participation would be
> > predicated on support for the idea of an individual constituency.
>
> >From my perspective, not the "issue", but the "excuse".
>
> > Nothing personal about
> > that. You may also recall that I and others spoke up against excluding you from the
> > list. And correct me if I am wrong, but the end result was that you have not, in fact,
> > been excluded from the list.
>
> I have been "requested" to refrain from posting, by the list manager,
> under threat that I will be removed if I don't "follow the rules".

  That is correct.  Just like the ICANN membership list...  Do you have
a specific problem with that?

> [...]
> > I would think that the people who *are* sure that an IDNO constituency needs to exist
> > should be the ones to judge the legitimacy of an organization applying to ICANN for
> > recognition as such.
>
> I see.  Thus, Jeff Williams should be the only one to judge the
> legitimacy of a Jeff Williams constituency.

  No, if such a constituency existed, which it does not, that decision
should be made by a VOTE of the members of that constituency...

> --
> Kent Crispin                               "Do good, and you'll be
> kent@songbird.com                           lonesome." -- Mark Twain

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1894