[discuss] RE: [IFWP] Re: Register.com and the Testbed charges effect

Hi.

Richard Sexton wrote:
	>william@dso.net wrote:
> >I'd say this is a pretty clear determination of the effects NSI's
> >prepayment requirement is going to have on its new and future
> >prospective registrars.
>
> Where were you 6 months ago when it seemed like I was the only one on
> domain-policy@internic.net advocating no prepayment???

The big issue, as I see it, is not "prepayment yes" vs.  "prepayment no",
but "prepayment yes for some and no for others".
It is self-evident (please correct me if I'm wrong) that this situation is
not a level field for competition.

Regards
Roberto