Re: [discuss] Next Names Council Meeting

Dave and all,

  Anyone that has been actively engaged in any political position or
forum in any serious manner readily recognize that constituencies
are in many ways divisive in manners that are akin to some form
of bashing.  It is for this reason that I will not join any such constituency
myself and why contrary to the ICANN INterim Boards false claim
that a constituency model for the DNSO had any consensus of any
kind as I plainly evident in the ICANN's own archives of it's mailing
lists.

Dave Crocker wrote:

> At 11:09 PM 6/12/99 -0700, Kent Crispin wrote:
> >In light of that statement, the attached message from Joop Teernstra
> >on the idno list is most interesting.  I note that both Dave Crocker
> >and myself *are* individual domain name owners, and fully entitled,
> >by any definition, to participate in the list.  And I hardly need to
> >point out that such behavior seriously undermines the credibility of
> >the IDNO...hopefully Joop will realize that before too long.
>
> Besides pretty seriously misquoting me, the proposal is astonishing in that
> a plea to turn away from bashing and to focus on the constructive work of
> the IDNO activity, is taken as some sort of subversive effort.  Really
> quite amazing.
>
> I guess that bashing other groups IS considered a productive activity for a
> DNSO constituency?
>
> d/

> Dave Crocker                                         Tel: +1 408 246 8253
> Brandenburg Consulting                               Fax: +1 408 273 6464
> 675 Spruce Drive                             <http://www.brandenburg.com>
> Sunnyvale, CA 94086 USA                 <mailto:dcrocker@brandenburg.com>

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com