Re: [discuss] Next Names Council Meeting

William and all,

  Well William I find it unfair and rather disingenuous of you to chastise
Kent
in this fashion.  I find this to be true as in the recent past you opposed
that there should be any constituencies at all as part of the DNSO structure.

Yet it appears that you are a member of the IDNO.  Is this an indication that

you have changed your position?  It appears so.  None the less, to chastise
Kent in this instance to the degree that he has NOT joined the IDNO
is very unfair of you to do.

  Now if Kent has been behaving, as he often has in the past, on the
IDNO mailing list, that is another matter entirely.  He should not do so.
I also realize that Kent amongst others sometimes can't help themselves
to overcome their own behavioral problems, as I am sure YOU William
are well aware.  In such cases, it may be necessary to in some way
denote to the list by it's moderator to occasionally remind other list
participants in an "Announcement Form" of some sort, of these
individuals list behavioral shortcomings so as to put their posts in the
perspective that they more than likely belong.

William X. Walsh wrote:

> On Sat, 12 Jun 1999 23:09:25 -0700, Kent Crispin <kent@songbird.com>
> wrote:
>
> >On Sat, Jun 12, 1999 at 11:38:21PM +0000, William X. Walsh wrote:
> >>
> >> The problem here Javier is the propensity of people such as you to
> >> consider any criticisms from those outside your own "thought camps" to
> >> be "disruptive."
> >>
> >> Personally, I don't trust YOU to make that determination.
> >
> >In light of that statement, the attached message from Joop Teernstra
> >on the idno list is most interesting.  I note that both Dave Crocker
> >and myself *are* individual domain name owners, and fully entitled,
> >by any definition, to participate in the list.  And I hardly need to
> >point out that such behavior seriously undermines the credibility of
> >the IDNO...hopefully Joop will realize that before too long.
> >
> >For reference, in case anyone needs to check, I have placed the
> >relevant email messages at http://songbird.com/kent/idno (it isn't
> >all that difficult to create an archive...)
>
> Well Kent.  You are welcome to JOIN the IDNO, but you haven't chosen
> to do that.
>
> And your efforts seem more bent on debating whether an IDNO should
> even exist.  That is not on topic for that list Kent.
>
> Rather you and Dave have both joined that list for the purpose of
> trying to keep it from doing the work it has set out to do, and
> neither of you have indicated that you support the effort for an
> individual's constituency.  Indeed you have opposed one.
>
> So if you oppose it, why are you on the list if not to disrupt it (as
> you and Dave have been attempting to do)?
>
> --
> William X. Walsh
> General Manager, DSo Internet Services
> Email: william@dso.net  Fax:(209) 671-7934
>
> The Law is not your mommy or daddy to go crying
> to every time you have something to whimper about.

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1894