[council] GNSO Council voting for ICANN board seat 13 - announcement before ballot
Dear Council Members,
The GNSO Council will vote by e-mail between Wednesday, May 7, 10:00 UTC
and Friday, May 16, 15:00 UTC 2003
1. A call for nominations for Seats 13 and 14 was made on February 20 to
March 6, 2003. Four candidates were nominated by GNSO Council members and
accepted their nominations.
According to the procedures established by the GNSO Council, after
completion of the GNSO Council's selection for Seat 14, the candidates not
selected for that seat were requested to confirm whether or not they wished
to continue their nomination for Seat
13. Only one of the nominees, Alejandro Pisanty, elected to continue
his nomination. A call for any additional nominations for Seat 13 was made
from April 23-30, 2003, but no additional nominations were
submitted by any GNSO Council member, as required by the established
2. Therefore, Alejandro Pisanty is the only candidate on the
ballot that you will receive. Each GNSO Council member should fill out the
ballot he or she receives and should return it by e-mail to
<email@example.com>. Please do not copy your returned ballot to any list.
3. All ballots from the first round must be received at that e-mail
address no later than Friday May 16, 15:00 UTC.
4. Because there is only one candidate, only one round of voting is
contemplated. The candidate must receive affirmative votes comprising a
majority of the votes of all the members of the GNSO Council.
5. Results of this vote will be announced on Monday, May 19, 15:00 UTC.
The results will thus be available to the Council members to check before
confirmation at the GNSO Council meeting.
6. The vote will be confirmed at the GNSO Council meeting on Thursday
May 22, 12:00 UTC.
For other places see http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/
The votes will be weighed according to the ICANN bylaws
Registrar and Registry Constituency members' votes will count for 2 for each
constuency member, while in the remaining 4 constituencies, each
constituency member's vote will count for 1.
At the start of the e-mail voting procedure, only the 18 current
GNSO Council members may vote.
If you have any difficulties, please contact the GNSO Secretariat at