[council]

Re: [council] Procedural concerns with gtld-com.

>>> "Philip Sheppard" <philip.sheppard@aim.be> 05/19/03 04:26AM >>>
>The three-page draft report reflects the discussions of the gTLDs
>committee over the last few months.

I wish this were true. It seems to me to reflect only Philip's determination
to come back with an answer that reflects his (constituency's?) own
support for a "structured" name space, regardless of the committee's
deliberations. There are three filings on record (NCUC, Registry, ALAC)
that unambiguously answer a resounding NO to the Board's question
about structure. How did we end up with a report that answers YES?

>It is not appropriate to take out a few lines that support one point of
>view and propose that as the report.

It is appropriate if those lines are the only ones directly relevant to
the Board's questions, and a point on which all constituencies agree.

At any rate, ANY legal motion is "appropriate" if the Council votes to
support it, so let's leave that question to the May 22 meeting.