ICANN/GNSO
DNSO and GNSO Mailling lists archives

[council]

Re: [council] Revised resolution in response to Stuart Lynn's request

J. Scott,

The local time makes Bruce will be on line in few hours,
but I am still here ... here is a very short explanation.
You are correct that words look similar.

The 3rd resolution (name servers for TLD) says:
   ...improve the quality of DNS data at the top level of the DNS.
while the 4th (quality at all levels in the system) says:
   ...improve the DNS data quality at all levels of the DNS hierarchy.

The first resolution is related to 240+ current TLDs and their
name servers, and concerns only name servers update in IANA
database, from which you generate the root file.

The second resolution is related to millions of name servers
for domain names which are children or grand children of TLDs.

Kind regards,
Elisabeth