[council]

Re: [council] Request for waiver to the Names Council

Elizabeth and fellow council members...

I would hope that you would allow me a question & some observations here

1.Correct me if I am wrong here, but I believe that the CCTLD's voted for
the "sanction program"  and its related "methodology" for dealing with
delinquencies.. did they not ?

2. To-date, I have not seen any attempt by your constituency to work within
this specific DNSO budget & financial support  "process"  your constituency
endorsed and voted for (and a process in which you participated in creating,
as you have been a working member of the budget committee since it's
inception) .......

on  the contrary, I have seen primarily a posture of "distancing" the
CCTLD's from the DNSO both "optically"  as well as "financially",   and this
"policy" has been echoed on numerous occasion publicly by spokesmen for the
constituency and reinforced on numerous occasions by comments made by many
country code managers.

3. I have seen any effort by the constituency to acknowledge the
"obligations" your representatives voted in the names council to "assume" or
any tangible attempt to honor them either

Finally ... what to me is "most frustrating"  is the fact that the other
constituencies,  (including, in fact, the NCDNH),  in reliance of
representations of "assumption"  financial responsibility  and affirmations
of the sanction program by the CCTLD constituency, went forward and
solicited funds from their members and "endeavored" to meet the obligations
assumed at the time the various budgets were approved by the council (again
votes in which, I believe,  members of your constituency participated &
ratified)

sincerely yours,

ken stubbs