From: Jonathan Cohen [mailto:jcohen@shapirocohen.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2002 8:05 PM
To: Cade,Marilyn S - LGA
Cc: Elisabeth Porteneuve; council@dnso.org
Subject: Re: [council] Request for waiver to the Names Council

this is an interesting   and timely discussion.
It needs to be pursued vigorously,in my view, as it is important that the DNSO, .or its successor, can work and do the job for which it was intended . I am confident that it can     BUT it must have the necessary support and funding to allow its members to focus on the work at hand and to have the necessary support functions looked after efficiently.
I was strongly supportive, and remain so, of the DNSO and funding for it........However,the current climate did not permit that to happen at this time.  But It is far from a dead issue. In the meanwhile ,existing constituencies must do all they can to put aside differences and come forth with as much $ and agreement as they can.
The more the DNSO can act as a unit and show self-sufficiency the greater will be the support from the community and the Board.
I apologize if I am stating the obvious to many but You should know that many Board members including myself,Amadeu and of course .Alejandro strongly believe in the concept of an independant functional DNSO
Jonathan

--
Shapiro Cohen
Ottawa, ON  Canada

Telephone: (613) 232-5300
Facsimile  : (613) 563-9231

This correspondence is intended for the person to whom it is addressed
and contains information that is confidential, and/or privileged to the
named recipient, and may be proprietary in nature. It is not to be used
by any other person and/or organization.  If you have received this
e-mail in error, please notify us immediately by telephone (collect)
and/or return e-mail.