From: Philip Sheppard [mailto:philip.sheppard@aim.be]
Sent: Friday, April 19, 2002 5:57 AM
To: NC (list)
Subject: [council] NC draft recomendations evolution v6

NC members et al - call for action
Following yesterday's (April 18) NC call I attach version six of the NC recommendations. This includes the changes adopted at the meeting.

I have highlighted in yellow two outstanding items from version 5 for further discussion. Your proposals please by e-mail latest April 23 for:
- wording for ICANN's mission to include the public/users interest
- wording for which stakeholders involvement in policy making.

In view of the time wasted on the last call by having to revisit version 5 in more detail than intended, I wish to start now by e-mail the dialogue we missed on the call on the issues of Board composition, at-large and transparency.To help discussion I have proposed some possible recommendations. These are also highlighted in yellow. Your comments please.( If we fail to reach agreement I propose to list options and state who supports which option.)

Please also send to the list copies of your constituency positions or work in progress.

Philip Sheppard
NC Chair

Response reform v6.doc