[council]

RE: [council] New NCDNHC Names Council members

Dear Milton, Y.J., and Vany,

I join others in commending you for your dedication and contribution to the
work of the Council. Each of you has made a significant contribution to the
work of the council and has been very committed in representing the
interests of your constituency.

Even though we often, or even mostly, don't agree on substance, I respect
your contributions.  And will miss each of you.  I especially will miss each
of you because you have been tireless and committed participants on the NC
task forces.  I have valued the opportunity to work with each of you in that
role as well.

I also welcome our new colleagues and I look forward to working with them!

And, I count on your continued involvement in the Internet community.  I
agree with Stuart's assessment that ICANN needs change; I've noted that I
don't agree with many of the proposed approaches; but I think that all of us
now have the challenge to ensure that change, which is necessary, is in line
with what the broad community can support and to build better solutions if
we disagree with those outlined.
So, I count on continuing to work with you throughout that process.

We may have to start a NC alumni club so that we can all keep in touch as
our paths diverge.  :-)

Best regards, Marilyn