[council]

RE: [council] Revised WLS Proposal (fwd)

Just recently, the BC members have begun to raise concerns about the subject
of "deletes" as a policy matter, and how the Versign Wait Listing Service
relates.  We have just received requests/endorsement from the BC to raise
this topic at the upcoming NC meeting.

We hereby ask the Secretariat/chair of the NC to note that we ask to have
this topic: "deletes/various approaches" on the NC agenda for the next
meeting.

One question to Cary:
Cary, I note that you are forwarding a Verisign document to the NC regarding
a registry (Verisign) proposal to the Registrars. I seek clarification of
this action. Is the gTLD Constituency supporting or endorsing in some way
this proposal from one of the registries who are involved in your
constituency?    Perhaps this is an informational only posting? IF so,
should questions be addressed to the gTLD registry constituency, or to
Verisign itself?

At this point, the view of the BC is evolving, but the members seem to
believe that users of domain names are significantly affected by any changes
in practices/policies related to deleting domain names, and believe that
they should be engaged in any changes.