From: Chicoine, Caroline G. [mailto:CCHICOINE@thompsoncoburn.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2002 9:46 AM
To: 'Cade,Marilyn S - LGA'; 'Names council'
Subject: RE: [council] FW: term of office for chair

Under my proposal, I was intending for Philip to stay on for another 6
months (if I did not word it properly, that it how I meant for it to read).
It appears that under your proposal Philip would stay on for another 12
months.  Can I get other NC's members feelings or position on this.  Again,
while I think I speak of everyone, Philip we love you and the job you have
done so support for a shorter extension should not be read to indicate any
unhappiness with your performance, but simply that people feel there should
be a "changing of the guard".