From: "Cade,Marilyn S - LGA" <mcade@att.com>
To: "'Milton Mueller'" <Mueller@syr.edu>; <council@dnso.org>;
<ck@nic.museum>
Cc: <philip.sheppard@aim.be>
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2001 7:41 PM
Subject: RE: [council] Suggestion re .org TF report

Milton, I need more information about "let's not go there".

When companies do a merger, they will need to transfer names.  Grandfathered
names will be included in that.    Personally, having read the newspapers
recently, I might suspect that companies holding famous and well known
brands are engaged in mergers and acquisitions...they often hold a few
.orgs.  They will/may expect to transfer them to the new entity.

I didn't understand the "let's not go there" comment and need clarification.