[council]

[council] Reply to Grant Forsythe

In today's NC teleconference Grant Forsythe articulated the view that the BC
and other constituencies are the representatives of the registrant voice.

Were this actually the case, then we would have expected over the last six
months to have heard the outrage of the registrant community expressed by
these so-called representatives.  Millions of domain name holders are being
held hostage by the business practices of certain registrars and all we get
from Grant and others that claim to represent us is self-serving platitudes.

This is not representation, and frankly if Grant was my representative, I'd
be calling for his head on a platter for not having done anything to bring
this matter to a speedy resolution.

You can lie to yourselves all day long and claim that you advocate for the
registrant community.  You do not.  Your inaction is proof of the lie being
tendered.

In Grant's part of the world we have a registrar that has gone on record as
stating:  "For your protection against the industry wide rash of fraud, it is
contrary to Totalnic policy to allow transfers to other registrars as we are
unable to verify that it is indeed the owner or admin contact that has
initiated the transfer."

Anyone that claims to represent registrants would be appalled by such a
comment from a CORE registrar.  You don't represent us.  You never have, and
you never will.  Until the DNSO resolves the issue of proper representation,
this organization will continue to be regarded as a fraud being perpetrated
on the Internet community.

I look forward to the establishment of an At-Large organization so that once
and for all we can put an end to your pathetic posturing.