[council]

[council] Re: Names Council Structure Task Force

Jeff,
you asked why the BC seems to have two representatives on the Structure task
force. This is not the case.

Because this is a sensitive issue and one with a tight deadline, I proposed,
in my capacity as elected NC chair, to the NC to chair this group and the NC
agreed. In that capacity I will steer, draft discussion documents,
co-oordinate, composite ideas, propose compromises etc but I will not be
advocating the position of the BC. The BC has one vote on this task force
and that is exercised by Marilyn Cade.
Hope this clarifies.
Philip