[council]

RE: [council] Names Council Restructuring Task Force

Why don't we just make the entire the NC the Task Force?

I am of course being silly.  The reason we developed rules of procedure for
the NC was I thought to have some consistency.  Every since then, we always
seem to be making special exceptions to groups we establish which consumes
alot of our time in reviewing the numerous emails that get propagated in
favor and in defense of such exceptions.  I do not want to even count the
number of emails there were on the Transfers procedure issue!  I wish the
energy that goes into these procedural matters would carry through to the
substantive work they do.

I personally think the Task Force should be limited to one per Constituency.
The constituency rep is accountable to the constituency and has the
responsibility to keep the constituency informed and get their input.  If
there is evidence that there is a problem in this regard, we can then
address the issue when it happens.

Having said that, the Chair of a Task Force to me has the responsibility of
facilitating the discussions and making sure the Task Force stays on course
and thus should not count as the Constituency rep. In the case of the UDRP
Review, Milton and I are co-chairs.  There are also an IPC and NCDNH reps,
because Milton and I have no "voting" powers, we are just there to manage
the process.  It is very time consuming to be a Chair and thus I leave it to
my IPC rep to handle the   responsibility of keeping the IPC informed and
getting their feedback.