[council]

[council] Structure TF ToR

I support Peter Dengate Thrush's revisions to the proposed Stucture TF Terms
of Reference as he has correctly cited the multiple proposals from the GA for
an IDNH constituency and again notes the inclination of Phil Sheppard to once
again preclude consideration of the GA's proposals, including the
transformation of the DNSO into a bicameral body as cited by our Task Force
representative David Farrar (and consequently ignored in Sheppard's ToR).

I further seek to remind this group of the Board's resolution regarding
comments on the ALSC report:

Further resolved [01.126] that the Board invites comments on the ALSC Final
Report from the Internet community as a whole, including the DNSO Names
Council, the ASO Address Council and the PSO Protocol Council, and requests
that any such comments be submitted within 45 days from the date of this
Resolution;

An initial report that is tendered on Jan. 31 (a month beyond the Board's
deadline for comments) would be a useless expenditure of effort.

I take strong exception to Phil Sheppard seeking to impose himself upon this
TF as Chair when the Rules of Procedure for the DNSO Names Council (adopted
26 February and amended 11 July) clearly state:  In the case of a task force
the NC typically chooses to ratify the election of a chair by the task force
itself.

With regard to the following language:
To achieve this the task force should briefly evaluate proposals for
re-structuring against the following criteria:
1. the efficacy of policy making within the DNSO
- degree of formal interaction between stakeholders
- ratio of unique issues of a new SO outside the competence of DNSO versus
issues within competence of DNSO

Perhaps you can translate this into American as I can't understand your
English?  What exactly are you talking about?

With regard to the following:
Terms of reference
To produce a timely impact assessment on
a) the efficacy of policy making within the DNSO

isn't this what your highly tauted Review Task Force was supposed to
accomplish?

Here's the ToR that I would recommend -- the objective of the Task Force is
to review various structural proposals and to offer the Board guidance with
respect to such proposals.

regards,
Danny Younger