[council]

[council] TF Transfers

Hi Philip

I note your posting on the Names Council mailing list as under:
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/council/Arc06/msg00428.html

This says, in part:

> The GA has not yet nominated anyone to the task force.

> (The GA chair was put on circulation by the TF chair for
> information pending a nomination).  I would encourage you
> to seek GA nomination and so be able to participate.

I am not sure what you mean by these comments.  As I understand it, the Names
Council has created seven new task forces of its own volition.  I would need
to review the GA mailing list archives to establish the extent of the
consultation with the GA.

Meanwhile, for the sake of clarification, could you advise whether the number
of task forces is limited to the seven currently in train or have others been
proposed ?  How will the Names Council select GA representation in the absence
of a formal nomination?

As I have been unable to establish the Terms of Reference for all seven task
forces, would you be so kind as to advise exactly what is being proposed in
each case?

Could you also advise who is authorised to post to the Names Council mailing
list?  Do I, for example, still retain posting rights as the former Alternate
Chair?

I thank you in advance.

Best regards
Patrick Corliss