[council]

[council] TF Transfers

Joanna,
thank you for your reply. As you may appreciate this request raises issues
beyond the transfers task force and hits at the essence of individuals
representation within ICANN. In this respect the current ALSC report is
relevant and that report among other issues is just starting debate within
another NC task force.

It would be premature to agree to a registrants/individuals representation
in a NC task force before we can give thought as the NC to the wider issue.

On a practical note I am fully aware of your interest, competence and
activity on the GA and believe you would make an excellent GA representative
to the transfers TF. The GA has not yet nominated anyone to the task force
(The GA chair was put on circulation by the TF chair for information pending
a nomination). I would encourage you to seek GA nomination and so be able to
participate.

Philip Sheppard
NC Chair