[council]

[council] Short motion for today's NC

Further to the second dialogue we had with the ALSC I am proposing to make the following motion at today's NC meeting. I think it best the NC is not silent on this but recognise we are all looking at the details in the ALSC report.This this gives notice that we or Constituencies will be commenting on those later and lays down a marker for further DNSO involvement.
Philip

Whereas the At-Large Study Committee (ALSC) has issued its final report,

Whereas discussion on specific proposals within this report are now happening within DNSO constituencies,

Whereas the Names Council has held initial discussions at two meetings,

The Names Council recommends that the ICANN Board look favorably at the broad principles outlined in the report and that the Board endorses the ALSC&#8217;s proposal to extend the life of the committee until March 2002 in order to allow the ALSC to work with the DNSO and other parties.