[council]

[council] Re: Webcasting Sponsorship

Forwarded from the GA list:

Philip,

The PacificRoot has ample facilties as well as the infrastructure to
deliver the webcasting services which you request sponsorship for from a
bandwidth and last mile perspective - both for live streaming broadcasts
and on demand media . Perhaps you are familiar with our services to the
Democratic National Convention last year.

We can arrange for the Vyvx TV1 (NTSC) feeds either by having trucks
onsite to provide the satellite uplinks or if enough time exists
we can bring in DS3/TV1 feeds directly to the events via VenuNet
Vyvx feeds (probably not enough time for that at this point but
we can try)

We can also provide the Servers onsite to produce the media source
streams, all that would be left for you to decide upon would be which
camera crews and technical direction staff you desire and finding funding
to pay for those crews as well as the rental on the satellite trucks or
VenuNET feeds. Again, we are capable and willing to explore the
possibilites of providing sponsorship for the other expenses involved.

Typically, when we provide services for live concerts or sports events it
is customary to give us 'at least' 90 days lead time - but we can
certainly
get the trucks in place for the broadcasts if you act quickly enough.

We can also put you in contact with some veteran television production
teams as well as far as the camera and technical production aspects of
this event and even coordinate those aspects if you desire.

To sum up the remaining costs that you will need to address from
other potential sponsors please consider:

1.) The cost of the Vyvx feeds

2.) The cost of the production (camera/grip/lighting) crew and technical
direction team

The window of time is quickly running out to arrange even such a basic
production operation, so please consider that the sooner the DNSO can make
a determination the better the chances are to provide for the logistics.

For future reference, please be aware live events with large audiences are
often booked up to six months in advance for the sake of seamless logistics.

Kindest regards,

--

Bradley D. Thornton
Chief Technology Officer

On Mon, 29 Oct 2001, Philip Sheppard wrote:

> ICANN will cover the cost of webcasting for meeting  Nov 13-15.
>
> The DNSO would like to request a sponsor or sponsors for the webcasting of
the NC and GA meetings scheduled for November 12. The cost will be around
USD12,000. Sponsorship is acknowledged.