[council]

RE: [council] Re: Individuals' Constituency -- The way forward

Danny
Many of the issues that are raised by the consideration of an "individuals'
constituency" within the DNSO are just the ones currently being considered
by the ALSC - who are "individuals", how should they be "organised" in order
to have access and legitimacy, etc
I think the work of the ALSC has been extensive and needs to be given our
consideration such that it can progress and conclude with a resulting
outcome.
I think to take up additional considerations at this time which are so
closely aligned to the ALSC work, would be wasteful, distracting to
implementing the eventual results of the ALSC and in the end not serving the
interests of individuals or the DNSO.
My view is not motivated by wishing to delay, but rather wanting to
facilitate some real outcomes within ICANN and in particular with
consideration of the part of individuals within ICANN.
Regards

Grant Forsyth
Manager Industry & Regulatory Affairs
CLEAR Communications Ltd