[council]

RE: [council] Individuals' Constituency -- The way forward

Tony:
In ICANN's structure, the Supporting Organizations
(DNSO, ASO, PSO) are supposed to initiate policy in certain
defined areas (domain names, addresses, protocols, respectively).
You might review the articles and by-laws in this regard.
The At-Large is a completely different domain.

Thus, an individual's constituency within the DNSO is intended to
give individuals a voice in the initial formulation of policies
related to domain names. Just as businesspeople, trademark
holders, ccTLD registrants, and ISPS (who can also vote for At-Large
Board members) are currently given a voice.

The At-Large is not a policy formulation body.
It merely elects board members. It has no special role
under ICANN's articles and by-laws in the formation
of domain name policies specifically. Its purview includes
protocols and addresses as well as domain names.

Does that answer your question?

>>> "Antonio Harris" <harris@cabase.org.ar> 10/04/01 10:46AM >>>

Whereas I have no objection to the idea of individual name
holders being adequately represented in the ICANN structure
(I happen to be one myself), my question is: If an IDNH
constituency is implemented, who will the proposed
At Large SO be representing ?