From: owner-council@dnso.org [mailto:owner-council@dnso.org] On Behalf
Of DannyYounger@cs.com
Sent: Monday, October 01, 2001 8:11 PM
To: council@dnso.org
Subject: [council] NC Structure TF

Dear Council members,

In the history of our organization, every time that the DNSO was
confronted
with a major challenge it created a working group to attend to the
situation.
 We have created working groups to deal with the need for a Uniform
Dispute
Policy, to consider Famous Marks, to advise on new gTLDs, to address
concerns
regading Global Outreach and Awareness, and to Review the DNSO.  Is the
future re-structuring of ICANN any less important?  Perhaps you can
share
your reasoning, and explain to the General Assembly why the individual
of nine or ten Task Force members would be superior to the input
provided by
the hundreds that might join an open working group on this topic.