[council]

[council] NC Structure TF

Dear Council members,

In the history of our organization, every time that the DNSO was confronted
with a major challenge it created a working group to attend to the situation.
 We have created working groups to deal with the need for a Uniform Dispute
Policy, to consider Famous Marks, to advise on new gTLDs, to address concerns
regading Global Outreach and Awareness, and to Review the DNSO.  Is the
future re-structuring of ICANN any less important?  Perhaps you can share
your reasoning, and explain to the General Assembly why the individual views
of nine or ten Task Force members would be superior to the input provided by
the hundreds that might join an open working group on this topic.