[council]

Re: [council] Timing for vote, election planning

Philip,

> Elisabeth,
> thanks for the election process update. Just to clarify. We propose to
> eliminate in each round BOTH the lowest vote AND in addition anyone with
> zero votes?
>
> So,
> We eliminate one if there is NO ONE with a zero vote.
> We eliminate two if there is ONE person with a zero vote.

==> Yes, in the FIRST ballot.

> Is this the system you propose?

==> Yes. Actually not me, it is the Convention Style vote (adopted in 1999)
    http://www.dnso.org/elections/2001.DNSO-ICANN-voting-proc.html

     1. The list of Director nominees is presented to the NC.
     2. Each NC member votes for one nominee.
     3. The nominees are ranked by the number of votes received,
        and the NC is informed of the result.
     4. The lowest vote-getting nominee is eliminated from the list.
        [For the first round, all nominees receiving zero votes
        *and* the lowest vote-getting nominee are eliminated from the list.]
     5. The procedure is repeated with the new (reduced) list.
     6. A winner is declared when a nominee receives 11 or more of
        the NC's 21 votes.

Thank you !
Elisabeth