[council]

[council] Fundamental Issues of Non-NC TF Members: UDRP Review TF, etc...

NC Collegues,

I could see the concerns from Elisabeth and Vany regarding
uneven representatives among the regions centering NC
UDRP Review TF which was formed by the NC agreement
that NC encourages Non-NC members to seek their expertise.

If you can remember our previous discussion after Stockholm
on Non-NC member's selection based on their expertise
presented by gTLD constituency and consented by substantial
number of NC members, you can recall my concerns about this
from the begining.

Such principle, Non-NC experts' participation in various TFs and
Committees from its beginning could have innate issues like this.
Structural uneven representation in the process all the time.

Therefore, my motion is:

Non-NC members participation within the NC/DNSO needs to be
in compliance with the "geographical diversity" rule which applies
to ICANN process.

Since there are some people who can realize this concern with
reality, we can discuss this more seriously during Montevideo
NC meeting before it is going to be fully implemented DNSO-wide.

Vany and Intake Committee

I want to ask Intake Committee to set as one of agenda for
NC meeting in Montevideo.

YJ