[council]

[council] your recent complaints

this is a personal opinion here...

nothing would please me more that to see the ga raise enough funds to
sustain its own mailing list server..

you have many members who have adequate resources available to provide these
services patrick on a "pro bono" basis.
why dont you solicit for services from your members. then you can manage
your own problems, hold your own votes, generally do things your own way.

maybe you could convince some of the parties who spend inordinate amounts of
time writing eloquent dialogues to apply some of their energy to providing
constructive solutions to  "ga" communication problems.

cross postings are not the only problems and frankly your as guilty as the
rest patrick when you copy the council on a note to philip, (you know he is
a member of the council so why mail him separately) .

ken stubbs
p.s. a good start for helping to clear up communication problems patrick
would be to put more appropriate subject headers in your e-mails. your
recent e-mail  i am responding to is a good example