[council]

[council] Re: REPRESENTATIVES TO NC'S TASK FORCE

Philip,

We would like to propose the following:

"that the Names Council recognises as practice our ability to select
non-Council members to serve on Council task forces, committees and WGs"

As example after a selection process during our last conference-call we
designated Richard Lindsay to serve on the council's IDN Task Force
representing the gTLD constituency but this was not accepted due to the
current practice and as a result Richard Tindal, a formal member, had
assumed the seat.

As you previously mentioned, there are no rules that specifically prohibits
constituencies from designating non-council members to represent on council
committees, task forces and WGs. Therefore the nomination of council
members to these tasks should be considered only as an informal practice.

Thank you and regards

Rosa