From: owner-council@dnso.org [mailto:owner-council@dnso.org]On Behalf Of
Milton Mueller
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2001 12:03 PM
To: philip.sheppard@aim.be; council@dnso.org
Cc: nc-intake@dnso.org
Subject: Re: [council] Stockholm NC agenda

Another problem with agenda item 3:

The original charge to the committee working on multiple roots
was to provide an educational briefing on the *technical*
aspects of multiple roots. Please revise the agenda description
accordingly. By the Names Council members' own admission,
we are not ready or well-informed enough to make policy
judgments.

>>> "Philip Sheppard" <philip.sheppard@aim.be> 05/22/01 09:41AM >>>
Following discussion within the Intake Committee here is the agenda for
Stockholm.

Stockholm June 2 14.00 - 17.00 Room K2

1. Update on Business Plan
UDRP - Caroline Chicoine (10 mins)
WhoIs - Paul Kane (10 mins)
Internationalised names (10 mins)
Review (20 mins)

TLDs - Review of decision to postpone new NC interim committee until the
first new TLD members of the NC is appointed - Philip Sheppard (10 mins)

2. Presentation by GA chair of GA work agenda Danny Younger (15 mins)

3. Authoratative and experimental roots - presentation on the policy aspects
of the issue
Grant Forsyth (15 mins)

4. New gTLDs implementation  ?
Presentation by dot biz (10 mins) + (15 mins questions)
Presentation by dot info (10 mins) + (15 mins questions)
(Plus any other new TLD that has finalized accreditation agreements by
then?)

5. Dot org - process to change Registry -  Paul Kane (15 min)

6. Multi-lingual outreach - ICANN secretariat update (10 mins)

7. DNSO secretary and sponsorship update  - Erica Roberts/Roger Cochetti (15
mins)

8. AOB