[council]

Re: [council] DOC aggremment to Versign revision

Yes, the final agreement seems to have
genuflected in the direction of the DNSO
resolutions. In particular, it places more emphasis on earlier
divestiture of .NET as proposed by the Non-commercial
constituency.

More evidence, if you needed it, of NCDNHC's vast lobbying power in
Washington.... :-)

Now we can ask ourselves: why do we need the US Commerce
Dept to force ICANN management and Verisign to conform to
DNSO processes?

>>> "Philip Sheppard" <philip.sheppard@aim.be> 05/22/01 05:05AM >>>
This press coverage is interesting under the "Bottoms Up" sub head

 http://www.lextext.com/icann/index.html

Philip