[council]

Re: [council] List administration

I hesitate to intervene in this because I am not
completely informed about what Elizabeth does with
the mailing lists.

However, from what I read I must say that I
totally agree with Vany on this issue.

I am familiar with majordomo software, and
once it is set up it is very simple and mostly
automated to establish and take down mailing lists.
Our School has this function handled by a (not
very well paid) staff person and it probably takes
up 1 percent of her time.

The costs of supporting and archiving lists do
not, as far as I can tell, rise in a linear fashion.
Most of the cost is in the initial set up of the
majordomo software. If you run out of server or
storage capacity then there are added costs, of
course.