From: "Milton Mueller" <mueller@syr.edu>
To: <philip.sheppard@aim.be>; <webmaster@babybows.com>; <council@dnso.org>;
<ga@dnso.org>
Sent: Friday, April 13, 2001 1:15 PM
Subject: Re: [council] Collisions in Namespace

> The problem of alternate or competing roots is a highly complex one. I
would support the idea of a new, open Working Group being convened on this
topic. I say this fully understanding that the debate on this topic often
takes the form of a religious war and that it is unlikely that any coherent
policy would come out of such a working group soon.

> However, there is some possibility that, given enough time and some clear
guidance, such a group might achieve some consensus points that could bring
about a temporary ceasefire, if not an end, to the war. And I see little
downside. At worst, the group will waste bandwidth and time and accomplish
nothing. At best, it might come up with some useful ideas. Why not give it a
try? The incremental cost of a new mailing list is pretty low.