[council]

[council] Re: [ga] GA position on Verisign contract

Roberto and all remaining assembly members,

Roberto Gaetano wrote:

> Joanna,
> >
> >Hello Roberto,
> >Those of us who believe our opinions count do not appreciate the GA Chair
> >confirming directly to the NC Chair and DNSO Council, not to mention the
> >public archive, that we are in the loser's camp before the jury is out.
>
> I agree with you, and apologize.

  You apology is excepted.  However speaking for myself and our
members it is too little to late.  :(

> Unfortunately, long years of experience and frustrations have come out at
> the wrong moment, with an inopportune comment.

  Comment?  Humm?  Your "Report" was by in large accurate, but you
should have requested from the GA members approval of the language
and the report as a whole as to it's accurate reflection on the consensus
of the GA, BEFOR sending it to the NC.  You know this should have
been done, yet you didn't do it.  That is NOT excusable, and is reprehensible.

> But what should also have come out from the actions I am conducting, is that
> even if I believe that on certain things the decisions might have been
> taken, it is important to try to fight them and to be put on record as
> having opposed the decisions.

  This is possibly true or the correct thing to do, however it is kind of
like shutting the barn door after the horse is out.  Not very effective.
Your action of sending your "Report" to the NC prematurely undermined
the consensus of the GA.  As such, individuals in the GA now have
an up hill battle potentially (Depending on their position) and this is
in a large part due to YOUR actions, Roberto.

   I sense Joanna's frustration, but admire her tenacity and sense
of fair play.

> >Certainly you are naive to think an individual voice cannot make a
> >difference to the outcome of deliberations. Let me assure you that even if
> >you have no experience in this regard, it happens all the time.
>
> Let's hope that this will happen this time.

Yes, but now it is not likely, thanks to your poor action...