[council]

[council] Budget - notes.

Dear NC members

(I hope to be on the call but just in case) may I share with you a few notes for the interim Tel Conf -

  • Payment to AFNIC - agreed and need to clarify information to ensure a smooth transition for technical operations to another party.... Mailing lists, DNS transfer, a any suggestions for the "tender" specification..... Possibly separate technical operations from Policy... any opinions?? - The technical "bid" evaluation panel - a subset of the Budget Committee??
  • Is there a way we can pass a special vote of thanks AFNIC for their Secretarial support - and Elisabeth in particular who has done an excellent job?
Fees:
  • Thank Verisign for donations to boot-strap Secretariat - when ready should issue a press release invite Secretariat candidates and also invite donations.
  • Agree with amount of budget - concern over specific components but that is not a big issue.
  • Concern over constituency debts - need to offer encouragement for payments - NC reps in difficult position - but there is a duty to ensure dues are paid.
  • How about having a structure of reducing voting rights eg, 60 public statement Constituency in arrears, 120 days late loose 1 vote, 180 days late lose 2 voting rights, 240 days late Constituency moves to "Observer" status.

Constituency Discounts:

  • Don't welcome the idea and should not be offered but there may be a need when a Constituency is in it's initial "start-up" phase.
  • Must not exclude participation.

Recruitment.

  • Should put notice out asap for Secretariat post - what is the status of RFP??
Timetable:
  • Objectives and goals