[council]

Re: [council] NC meeting Jan 24 Agenda item 5

Peter,
thanks for your comment on the proposed NC meeting summary approval procedure.  Typically when an NC member proposes a change the reason is for clarity or accuracy and no one objects. The change is made.

The situation you describe is thus quite rare. It is a proposed amendment to the summary that someone says is inaccurate.

It thus seems inappropriate to have a vote on true/false. Better  to resolve the issue so that all agree. That was the reason for item 4. The Chair tries to resolve the issue. If the issue cannot be resolved to everyone's satisfaction then the procedure says the Chair decides and notes that there has been disagreement. Surely this is enough?

If an issue is so important to require an NC vote I believe the point itself should be addressed at the next meeting. Hopefully the Chair may do this (following the discussions the Chair will have had). If not the aggrieved NC member may propose the agenda item.

I would be reluctant to over formalise a recordal procedure to allow for occurrences of some rarity.

Philip.