[council]

Re: [council] Names Council appt of IRC nominating committeemembers

on 11/12/00 19:36, Mike Roberts at roberts@icann.org wrote:

> Ken and Names Council members -
>
> The extremely long delay in getting ICANN's Independent Review
> Process into operation is becoming an embarrassment to the
> organization.  IRC is considered by some to be an important
> protection for the integrity of the work we do, and I would like to
> ask that the NC move aggressively to complete its responsibility to
> appoint IRC nominating committee members at the earliest possible
> date.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> - Mike

To bounce on the note of Mike, I must add that the criteria presented so far
for selecting IRC nominating committee members did not appeal to much
reaction from me. As a european, I do not have in my addressbook, a list of
sensible, retired judges, linving in US and fully available for this.
Suppose NC considers a wider set of criteria may help to have other world
region felt concerned by this.

Comments from NC or from ICANN?

Dany

Dany VANDROMME                    |  Directeur du GIP RENATER

                Reseau National de Telecommunications
         pour la Technologie, l'Enseignement et la Recherche

                                  |  ENSAM
Tel   :  +33 (0)1 53 94 20 30     |  151 Boulevard de l'Hopital
Fax   :  +33 (0)1 53 94 20 31     |  75013 Paris
E-mail: Dany.Vandromme@renater.fr |  FRANCE