[council]

RE: Re: [council] Review Working Group

Hi --

I'm confused to be quite honest about what we're trying to decide here. Can
someone please clarify? What I understand is that YJ was asked to chair a
working group per Caroline's motion. That working group is to address some
issues related to YJ's document she circulated to the NC list before the LA
meeting.

The other matter is to have a working group related to the DNSO review,
where my suggestion was in LA that there be a listserve set up under the GA.
Roger agreed with this, then it appeared that the discussion got sidetracked
to the issue of Caroline's motion, and we never resolved the DNSO working
group matter.

If my understanding is correct, then I make the following suggestion for the
two seperate matters at hand: 1) We immediately get clarification of
Caroline's motion and the working group attached to it. 2) A listserve under
the GA is set up for the DNSO review working group, which there is a large
interest in, and needs to be established. I'd suggest that Roberto, as
liason to the DNSO review task force, act as chair of that group, and
liasons with YJ's group on matters that may address the dnso review.

We need to move on this, and unless we get clarification on the motion for
YJ's working group, I'm afraid we'll never get it started, and the DNSO
review working group will never formally be underway and get the input into.

Thanks,

Theresa