[council]

Re: [council] Minutes from 19 October NC teleconference

Elisabeth,

Elisabeth Porteneuve wrote:

> Philip,
>
> > I have noticed a couple of mistakes in the Oct 19 minutes.
> >

> > Item4
> > Decision D3: The motion failed with 7 votes in favor (Aus der Muhlen, Carey,
> > Chicoine, Cochetti, Kane, Sheppard, and Vandromme), 4 votes against (Katoh,
> > Poblette, Quaynor (by proxy), and Stubbs), and 3 abstentions (Harris,
> > Roberts, and Swinehart (by proxy).
> >
> > Surely this motion passed.
>
> ==> Whereas I did not drafted 19 Oct minutes, I have my hand notes.
>       Quoting my scribe notes:
>       14 voting, 2 proxies, 7 "in favor". If majority means superior
>       (strictly biger than half, like in real votes when 50% plus 1
>       is required), then motion failed. To be checked.
>       End quote.
>     Then immediate comments from Roger and Philip, that this particular
>     votes makes them uncomfortable to be taken, and it is better to go
>     for A (which indirectly suggest they consider this motion as passing).
>
>     Question for clarification to Louis: failed or passed ?

The motion in fact failed (on this count, see Decision D3a for the
recount).  To clarify, I suggest rewording the item as follows:

   Decision D3: The motion received 7 votes in favor (Aus der Muhlen,
Carey,
   Chicoine, Cochetti, Kane, Sheppard, and Vandromme), 4 votes against
(Katoh,
   Poblette, Quaynor (by proxy), and Stubbs), and 3 abstentions (Harris,
   Roberts, and Swinehart (by proxy).  Because the motion failed to
attain a
   majority of votes in favor, it was considered not to have passed.

[snip]

Louis